Thursday, August 15, 2013

Biking Adventure


Hello Darlings,

So far August goals are going great.  I’m 4 days in on my personal challenge for this week.  I already feel better!

I am eating a large variety of fruits and vegetables.  I have increased my water as well. 
I have traded my white wine spritzers for orange mint herbal tea.  Its really relaxes me in the evening.
I have traded my Coke Zero for Trader Joes sparkling water.
My drink display got photo bombed
 

I have tracked all of my meals on WW etools, and I have stayed within my points. 

The only thing I miss so far is my coffee.  I only drink decaf so it’s not the caffeine.  I just love the flavor, iced or hot-doesn’t matter.  Serve it up!  I plan to continue my “detox”, but I will be adding coffee to my diet. 

I was so excited about my biking adventure I had planned for Saturday that I woke up Wednesday morning and just couldn’t wait.  I loaded Betsy (yes my bike has a name, and it’s Betsy), dropped the kids off with Grandma, and hit the trails. 

It was a beautiful day, a bit muggy, but still beautiful.  I’m trying to do better about taking pictures.  I get so caught up in my ride I just don’t think about it sometimes. 

My Dad got me a new rack so that I can carry more items with me, and by items I do mean food and drinks!


 
The trail was beautiful and peaceful this day.  It was just a happy ride.  Here are a few bridges and golf courses I passed along the way.
 



 

 


And here is a goofy pic of me when I hit 13 miles. 

 
I was as far as I had time to go, and I was very happy because I felt like I had done it!  I knew I had no choice but to ride 13 miles back so in my mind I had accomplished my goal and I was happy.  I did finish all 26 miles and I was so proud.  My goal was 30 but I just didn’t have the time.  I had to get to work.  I will do a post soon about my job that I love so.

When I successfully complete my “detox” I am gifting myself to myself…hmmm that doesn’t sound right.  I am rewarding myself with a cycle computer.  I’m very excited about that.  Maybe that’s why I’m not struggling at all with my restrictions.

I want to share what I carry with me on all bike rides.

Money

Mace

Extra water bottles

Snacks

Hand sanitizer

Sun screen

Lock

I would love to hear from you.  What essentials do you like to carry?

I still have a goal of 30 miles.  I will do it! Plus some!

 
It’s been real, it’s been fun.

 

xoxo Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment